Monday, June 23, 2008

It's a Jahnke Tradition




In April, Greg started with the Houston Fire Department and is currently at the Val Jahnke Training Academy for the next 9 months. He absolutley loves it and honestly it has changed our lives, family & marriage. He's made some lifelong friends and loves what he does for a living. I know this was the best decision and Steve ( My FIL) is smiling down on him from Heaven. I believe that Greg's Family has been in the HFD since the early 1900's...what an honor it is for him to follow in the footsteps of this long-standing family tradition. I'm so proud of Greg!

6 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hey girl!!!! Great to hear from you in this crazy world of blogging!!!! I LOVE it!! :)

OK...I am commenting, so maybe it is open to everyone now. Let me know if you get this! Talk with you soon!!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

OK...it is saying that it will be visible after your approval. If you don't want that, then go to your "settings" page on your blog and just re-check all of your "settings". Let me know if this works.

Robyn said...

Hey Sharla! Love the blog! Isn't it so much fun?! We Allreds are proud of the Jahnke tradition!

Wendy said...

Congrats! That is so awesome to hear Greg's going to be a fire fighter! Hope all is well with your family! I've been thinking about ya'll since we just had our dad's 1 yr. since his passing. Amazing how different things are in a year!

danielle said...

Hey there! I saw your blog on babycenter so I took a look. My husband is a firefighter too. He's been full time for 3 years and was volunteering/interning/part time for 5 years prior to that.

Anyhow, your family is adorable! If you want to check out our blog you can but it's locked. Email me (off my profile) and I'll sent you an invite if you want...

Monson Family said...

I'm so happy to stumble upon your blog! It is fun to keep up this way.
Its Alyson by the way! HA!